Carols in the Courtyard
Saturday 14 December starting at 5:30pm
Bring your friends, singing voices, chairs/blankets, dinner/snacks and drink (alcohol free event). We will have the opportunity to give items this year for men’s and women’s hampers.
Tuesday 24 December – Christmas Eve
- 4pm: German Children’s service – the story of Christmas as told by the children
- 5.30pm: German Christmas worship English Worship Services
- 7pm: Inter-generational service (band) – hear the story of Christmas as members of all ages share the good news of Jesus’ birth.
- 8.30pm: Candlelight Christmas service (organ) – hear the Christmas story and join in carols by candlelight.
Wednesday 25 December – Christmas Day
- 8.30am & 10.20am: Worship with Holy Communion
Lessons and Carols for Christmas
- 6pm Saturday 28 December
- 8.30am & 10.20am Sunday 29 December
Wednesday 1 January (eighth day of Christmas)
- 8.30am: Worship with Holy Communion – begin your New Year with Jesus as we remember His circumcision and naming on the eighth day after his birth.
What a success, thanks to Western Australian walkers and volunteers more than $20,000 was raised from the 25km walk. These funds will be used to provide education for children in refugee camps. THANK YOU!
ADVENT – Preparing for CHRISTMAS
LCA National Synod
What is Synod? Every three years delegates from districts meet at a General Convention of Synod to make decisions about the direction of the Lutheran Church of Australia. Synod is the highest decision-making body of our church. This year the 400-plus delegates who met in Sydney for the 19th General Convention of Synod (together with about 100 volunteers, exhibitors, visitors and staff) made some significant decisions on our behalf. This Popular Report gives you only a snapshot of those decisions; you should visit the Synod website or ask our Pastors or delegate Monica Bodenstaff if you’d like more information. 2018 General Convention Popular Report.
Bread of Life Series 2018
Members of St John’s were asked to paint what the John 6 readings about Jesus as the Bread of Life meant to them.
Easter Resurrection Crosses
St John’s members and families with an artistic flair celebrated the resurrection with creations of crosses expressing the themes of Easter. The display will be featured for the seven Sundays of Christmas.
Reformation 500 Floral Displays
Faith alone, Grace Alone, Scripture Alone , Christ Alone